I am on a mission... to create, to inspire, to learn, to educate, to save, to grow, to be better... Join me :)

Friday, October 27, 2017

How I Cleaned my Scan N Cut Mat...

   Hi all! Wow What a week! I have been fighting with my internet company for a week .... ugh.... we had upgraded our speed about 6 weeks ago after they finally had their new system up and running. It was great till last friday (I was out of town) when the internet went out.... Arg! Kids were home for a long weekend so was not super fun for them  :(  I had hoped to get this uploaded sooner but it took a whole week to get thing running again. So.... here is a new post for you :)

   After a weekend away scrapping with some amazing ladies and using my Scan n cut a ton I needed to clean up my mats a bit. Now if you are unfamiliar with the scan n cut but have experience with the other similar cutting machines out there the first thing you will notice is the mats are much different! Now for some this is a bad thing but I will say now that I am getting used to them I kind of like them. The adhesive is not nearly so sticky so it is great for more delicate papers. That being said it does not work great for heavier paper and card stock.

   Before I had gone away I had added some watered down Aleenes Tack it over and Over . This definitely made my mat stickier! I did leave it to dry for over 24 hours. (Should have made a video but there are a ton out there on youtube.

DISCLAIMER! This is not recommended by the Brother company! If you muck up your machine because you use too much glue or get it outside the cutting area it will void your warranty!

Back to the cleaning of the mat part... I used a crocheted kitchen scrubbie (new and made by my mom since I do not crochet) water and some rubber stamp cleaner. This worked great for me!

Here is a video showing you how I did it ...




   Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

Brother scan n Cut Mat http://amzn.to/2y9jUTb
Brother Scan n Cut  http://amzn.to/2zWJat8



No comments:

Post a Comment