I am on a mission... to create, to inspire, to learn, to educate, to save, to grow, to be better... Join me :)

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hi tech... Maybe not...

It's that time of year.... I'm making my annual foray into my families tradition of making easter bread. I'm not a novice at bread making but during cooler weather it can be a challenge in my house. We keep things on the cooler side which is not conducive to bread dough rising, especially this easter bread which has a relatively low amount of yeast relative to flour. Over the course of this VERY cold winter I have discovered a very hi tech way to help my  dough rise...


Here I have 8 loaves all rising at once :)    Stackable cooling racks are the BEST!


I have my Crockpot on the lowest setting and I moved the racks around every 15 minutes or so. You need to be careful as if it gets too hot your dough can actually cook and that is not the result we are looking for...

I love finding solutions... especially relatively low tech ones.

Here is my girl working hard to help knead the dough...





this is what the loaves look like after rising and being brushed with an egg wash...





I forgot to take a picture of the finished loaves but here is a picture of last years crop... 


I will share the recipe for this bread another day :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment