I am on a mission... to create, to inspire, to learn, to educate, to save, to grow, to be better... Join me :)

Friday, March 30, 2012

Valentines day... (First published 2/15/2012)

I am in the minority that I am not a big fan of valentines day. I do still want to do something nice for my kids though so here is what I made them for dinner...

They Loved it and thought it was pretty cool.
Here is my "go to"  pizza dough recipe. It will yield 1 Large pizza or 2 medium thin crust pizzas.
I double it most of the time.
Pizza Dough
Printable recipe for Pizza Dough
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Extra flour may be needed if your dough is super sticky
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast (or 2 1/4 Teaspoons)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar (or granulated sugar substitute)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
Heat oven to 400 degrees

Mix flour, yeast, salt & sugar in a large bowl (I use my Kitchen Aid mixer with the dough hook attachment).
Add in water and oil. Stir until mixed thouroughly (dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl).
Cover and let dough set for 15 minutes at least, an hour is better.
Sprinkle a bit of flour or cornmeal or flour onto a baking stone or lightly oil an aluminum pan.

With wet or floured fingers press dough out to desired size. Top with sauce and your favorite toppings and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes
           
See those happy faces... OK maybee valentines day isn't so bad :)
Helpfull equipment:
Pizza Stone
Mixer with dough hook

No comments:

Post a Comment