I am on a mission... to create, to inspire, to learn, to educate, to save, to grow, to be better... Join me :)

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Mission accomplished, and a new venture :)

Today I finally delivered the sewing project I have been working on for a while. It feels so god to have it completed and the look on the recipients face was priceless. I was so pleased and honored to do this for her family!

My project was to create 3 wall hanging quilts from the recipients deceased husbands clothing. The top 2 are to be given as gifts to her children on the 1st anniversary of his death. 

Here are the finished products...

This 1st one is for her son.
This one is for her daughter

This one is for the lovely lady who commissioned me to make these. I actually added 2 more photos after this picture was taken but did not get a chance to take another photo before I had to deliver it.

This was a learning experience for me even thought I have made lots of quilts in all shapes and sizes. I had never worked with knits (T-shirt & sweatshirt fabric) in a quilt before and it definitely adds a bit of a challenge. Also new for me was using the photo fabric. I think they really add a wonderful element of nostalgia to the quilts.

So since this went so well and I really loved doing this so If you or someone you know would like a custom memory quilt made for yourself or a loved one please let me know!

Prices vary depending on size, fabric, amount of quilting and if you want photos on the quilt.

Email me at B2BMomBlog@gmail.com for an estimate :)

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment