I am on a mission... to create, to inspire, to learn, to educate, to save, to grow, to be better... Join me :)

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Chicken, Bacon, Onion & Cheddar Wrap

   I reluctantly threw dinner together tonight. I have been so busy running the kids around all summer that cooking has just not been a priority for me. Also it's been pretty warm here in MN so most of my cooking has been on the grill. Tonight's dinner was cooked on the stove top.

 I don't have a picture but here is what I came up with... Edit... I now have pictures but they are not pretty. Luckily It tastes amazing!!!





Chicken, Bacon, Onion and Cheddar Wrap

click to print here ... chicken, bacon, onion &cheddar wraps

Ingredients:
2-3 boneless chicken breasts
1 medium onion sliced
5-6 slices of bacon
Garlic and herb seasoning (or pepper to taste)
cheddar cheese (I used some shredded I had on hand) 
10 inch flour tortillas

Cut your bacon into 2-3 inch slices (I just cut 3 inches off the end of a new package).
Lay the bacon in your pan and start cooking. I used my cast iron skillet, a stainless pan would work well too. If all you have is nonstick that's fine just go with it. While your bacon is warming up fillet your chicken (cut each breast into 2 thinner strips) and place on top of the bacon. Add your favorite herb seasoning.  I used a garlic and herb mix I got at Aldi earlier in the summer. Slice your onion and add to the pan. It was a bit awkward to move the chicken around to keep the bacon on the bottom but it paid off in flavor. When everything is cooked remove the chicken one fillet at a time and cut into strips and return to the pan. Mix everything up. Warm your tortillas. I added the cheddar then piled up the chicken mixture and wrapped it all up burrito style.  

YUM! Everyone LOVED this. My hubby did request a chipolte (Sp?) sauce next time but even he liked it as is.

Obviously you could add any other veggies you like to this. I'm sure bell peppers would be awesome as well as jalapenos or any hot pepper you like.

Helpful tools:
Cast Iron Pan
Tongs

   To be honest cooking has just not been something I have been enjoying lately. I doubled my work hours last fall and my kids have had more activities. I know I have preached about meal planning in the past to help get meal times under control but admittedly I have not taken my own advice. I'm not totally sure why it has been such a struggle for me. I think it's partly because I have been fighting a lot of depression. I have not written publicly about my loss in May of 2014 but here goes... My youngest brother lost a battle with Lung Cancer at the age of 28. There it is... I said it.  
   Nothing can prepare you for a big loss. You just get through one day at a time and hope for more good days than bad days. I am thankful that I have amazing friends, a wonderful husband and great kids. I cherish them every day and try not to take any day for granted. :)

  I hope you all are having an amazing summer and please give this a try. It was pretty easy, fairly quick and not too putzy.  I give it a 2 1/2 on my Putz factor scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment